Virtual briefing from Carbon Neutrality Coalition members
+33 6 63 13 83 78
What: Representatives from members of the Carbon Neutrality Coalition (CNC) will set expectations for the 12/12 Climate Ambition Summit, preview the new commitments they are bringing to the summit, and outline the actions they are taking now to reach these ambitious long-term goals.
When: 10 December, 14:00 CET
- Opening statement from Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Environment, Germany
- Nicolás Galarza Sánchez, Deputy-Minister, Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development, Colombia
- Valvanera Ulargui, Director-General, Climate Change Office, Spain
- Kay Harrison, Climate Change Ambassador, New Zealand
- Patricia Fuller, Ambassador for Climate Change, Canada
- Mattias Frumerie, Director and Head of Delegation to UNFCCC, Ministry of Environment, Sweden
- Marcel Beukeboom, Climate Envoy, Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Dan Jørgensen, Minister of Climate and Energy and Public Utilities, Denmark
- Chaired by Laurence Tubiana, CEO, European Climate Foundation
Meeting ID: 957 9074 8707
Background: The Carbon Neutrality Coalition was launched at the One Planet Summit in 2017, bringing together front-runner countries committed to delivering long-term strategies to reach carbon neutrality. The Coalition now has 29 members, including six G7 countries, all committed to reaching carbon neutrality by 2050 at the latest. CNC members account for ~15% of global emissions and ~30% of global GDP.